Thursday, April 10, 2014

SUNNY FLORIDA

While our dear friends and family suffered the very cold and snowy winter in the North we were very fortunate to be able to spend February and March in sunny South Florida.  We rented an older mobile home on Nettles Island, which is on Hutchinson Island near Jensen Beach.  This is a very busy community with all types of activities, clubs and parties.  This is the third year that I have done makeup for the two shows that The Theatre Guild puts on each year.  What fun that was!  I also helped my sister paint scenery for one of the shows.  My sister and her husband spend 3 months on Nettles so it gives us a great chance to spend time with them.  One of my favorite activities was morning water aerobics.  They did this regardless of the temperature.  I did wimp out some mornings when it was just too cool at 8:00 am.




A group of volunteers work very hard to keep the many flower beds beautiful for all of us to enjoy.  I see them working early mornings, deadheading, mulching, weeding and planting.  I think that next year I will have to join these "Dirt Devils"


Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthos)
Australian Native


I do not know the name of this orchid

Sharing some of the scenery that I helped with for The Theatre Guild.  My sister was the designed and chief painter.  I painted where it was easy to stay in the lines



It was a great Minstrel Show.  So many great singers on Nettles Island

No comments:

Post a Comment